1. "Leader Networks and Transaction Costs: A Chinese Experiment in Interjurisdictional Contracting" (with Nancy Chau and Weiwen Zhang, New Version coming soon)
2. “Technology Transfer and Domestic Innovation: Evidence from the High-Speed Rail Sector in China” April 2018 (with Yatang Lin and Zhuan Xie, Under Review)
3. “The Love of Risk: Misperception or Preference?” (with Jubo Yan, Under Revision)
4. "Negotiating Housing Deal on a Polluted Day: Consequences and Possible Explanations" March 2018 (with Jing Wu and Jubo Yan, Under Review)
5. "Doe Higher Housing Price Bring Home Owners Better Life? The Role of Foregone Gains on Subjective Well-being" (with Jing Wu, Jubo Yan and Xiaobo Zhang, Under Review)
6. "Can Price Regulation Improve Land Use Efficiency? Evidence from Industrial Land Market in China" (with Yatang Lin and Hongjia Zhu)
7. "Housing Affordability in Urban China: A Comprehensive Overview" (with Keyang Li and Jing Wu, Under Review)
8. "Tax Evasion and the Consequences in the Housing Market" (with Keyang Li, Jing Wu and Jubo Yan)
9. "Facilitating Investment Flows: Evidence from China’s High Speed Passenger Rail Network" (with Yatang Lin, Johan Sulaeman, Jubo Yan, Jialiang Zhang, draft coming soon)
10. "Gene, Economic Preference and Behaviors" (with Jianqing Ruan, Ling Wang, and Jubo Yan, draft coming soon).
1. "Too Early or Too Late? What have we Learned from the 30-Year Two-child Policy Experiment" forthcoming, Demographic Research (with Fei Wang)
2. "Run Away? Air Pollution and Emigration Interests in China" forthcoming, Journal of Population Economics. (with Hongjia Zhu)
3. "No County Left Behind?" The Distributional Impact of High-speed Rail Upgrade in China", Journal of Economic Geography, 2017 Vol 17(3): pp489-520.
4. "Changes in the Distribution of Land Prices in Urban China during 2007-2012" Regional Science and Urban Economics, 2016 Vol 57: pp77-90. (with Hongjia Zhu and Rong Zhu)
5. The Road to Specialization in Agricultural Production: Evidence from Rural China World Development, 2016 Vol 77: pp1-16. (with Xiaobo Zhang, lead article)
6. Negative Externality of Rail Noise and Housing Values: Evidence from the Cessation of Railway Operations in Singapore Real Estate Economics, forthcoming. (with Tien Foo Sing and Mi Diao)
7. China's Transport Infrastructure Investment: Past, Present and Future. Asian Economic Policy Review, 2016 Vol 11(2).
8. Do Public Work Schemes Deter or Encourage Outmigration? Empirical Evidence from China. IZA Journal of Labor&Development, 2014 3:4 (with Nancy Chau and Ravi Kanbur)
9. The Impact of Parental Son Preference on Children's Educational Attainments and Its Mechanism. Economic Science, Vol.2, 2010 (in Chinese, with Wanchuan Lin)
Conference and Seminar Presentations
(*: presented by coauthor)
2018: ABFER, Singapore (discussant); AREUEA, Guangzhou*; GCREC, Tsingdao*; CCER Summer Institute, Yantai*; AsRES Conference, Incheon*; Fudan University (scheduled); ShanghaiTech University (scheduled); Jinan University (scheduled).
2017: NUS Department of Real Estate; Jinan University, Guangzhou; 3rd Biennial Conference for China Development Studies, Shanghai*; Conference on Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Development, Peking University; SWUFE, Chengdu; CCER Summer Institute, Yantai; Tsinghua University; CUBE, Beijing, Peking University CCER, NUS Mini-workshop on Air Pollution*, SMU Urban Economics Conference (scheduled)*
2016: PAA, DC*; LKYSPP DeEP conference*; CESA, Australia; China Economic Summer Institute, Hong Kong; NUS Department of Real Estate; NUS EAI; Tsinghua University; Peking University*; Xiamen University*; Beijing Normal University*.
2015: Royal Economic Society Conference, Manchester; Shanghai University of Finance and Economics; Renmin University; LAGV, Aix-en-Provence; EAERE, Helsinki; Peking University; AEPR conference, Tokyo; 7th IZA/CIER Annual Workshop on Research in Labor Economics, Beijing*; UEA, Portland; NEUDC, Brown University.
2014: Chinese University of Hong Kong; The University of Hong Kong; National University of Singapore; NBER China Meeting, Boston; NEUDC, Boston; UEA, Washington D.C.
2013: NEUDC, Boston (poster presentation); Advanced Graduate Workshop, Bangalore, India
2012: ICAE Conference, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil; Chinese Economist Society (CES) Annual Conference, Kaifeng, China; Guanghua-BREAD Summer School, Beijing, China; Pacific Development Conference, UC Davis
2011: AAEA Meeting, Pittsburgh; Brownbag Seminar, Dyson School of Applied Economics, Cornell University, Ithaca
2010: Western Social Science Association, Reno; Eastern Economic Association, Philadelphia.