1. "Leader Networks and Transaction Costs: A Chinese Experiment in Interjurisdictional Contracting" IZA Discussion Paper 9641. Jan 2016 (with Nancy Chau and Weiwen Zhang, Submitted)
2. “Technology Transfer and Domestic Innovation: Evidence from the High-Speed Rail Sector in China” April 2017 (with Yatang Lin and Zhuan Xie, Submitted)
3. “Housing Prices and Mating Preferences: Evidence from a Chinese Online Dating Website” (with Yongheng Deng and Hongjia Zhu, Under Revision)
4. "Too Early or Too Late? What have we Learned from the 30-Year Two-child Policy Experiment" (with Fei Wang, accepted, Demographic Research)
5. “The Love of Risk: Misperception or Preference?” (with Jubo Yan, Under Revision)
6. "Why does Smog Drive up Housing Prices? A Behavioral Explanation" (with Jing Wu and Jubo Yan, Submitted)
7. "Doe Higher Housing Price Bring Home Owners Better Life? The Role of Foregone Gains on Subjective Well-being" (with Jing Wu, Jubo Yan and Xiaobo Zhang)
1. "Run Away? Air Pollution and Emigration Interests in China" forthcoming, Journal of Population Economics. (with Hongjia Zhu)
2. "No County Left Behind?" The Distributional Impact of High-speed Rail Upgrade in China", Journal of Economic Geography, 2017 Vol 17(3): pp489-520.
(Click here for an introduction of my research about the impact of high-speed rail upgrade in China from the World Bank Development Impact Blog)
3. "Changes in the Distribution of Land Prices in Urban China during 2007-2012" Regional Science and Urban Economics, 2016 Vol 57: pp77-90. (with Hongjia Zhu and Rong Zhu)
4. The Road to Specialization in Agricultural Production: Evidence from Rural China World Development, 2016 Vol 77: pp1-16. (with Xiaobo Zhang, lead article)
5. Negative Externality of Rail Noise and Housing Values: Evidence from the Cessation of Railway Operations in Singapore Real Estate Economics, forthcoming. (with Tien Foo Sing and Mi Diao)
6. China's Transport Infrastructure Investment: Past, Present and Future. Asian Economic Policy Review, 2016 Vol 11(2).
7. Do Public Work Schemes Deter or Encourage Outmigration? Empirical Evidence from China. IZA Journal of Labor&Development, 2014 3:4 (with Nancy Chau and Ravi Kanbur)
8. The Impact of Parental Son Preference on Children's Educational Attainments and Its Mechanism. Economic Science, Vol.2, 2010 (in Chinese, with Wanchuan Lin)
Conference and Seminar Presentations
(*: presented by coauthor)
2017: NUS Department of Real Estate; Jinan University, Guangzhou; 3rd Biennial Conference for China Development Studies, Shanghai*; Conference on Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Development, Peking University; SWUFE, Chengdu; CCER Summer Institute, Yantai (scheduled); Tsinghua University; CUBE, Beijing.
2016: PAA, DC*; LKYSPP DeEP conference*; CESA, Australia; China Economic Summer Institute, Hong Kong; NUS Department of Real Estate; NUS EAI; Tsinghua University; Peking University*; Xiamen University*; Beijing Normal University*.
2015: Royal Economic Society Conference, Manchester; Shanghai University of Finance and Economics; Renmin University; LAGV, Aix-en-Provence; EAERE, Helsinki; Peking University; AEPR conference, Tokyo; 7th IZA/CIER Annual Workshop on Research in Labor Economics, Beijing*; UEA, Portland; NEUDC, Brown University.
2014: Chinese University of Hong Kong; The University of Hong Kong; National University of Singapore; NBER China Meeting, Boston; NEUDC, Boston; UEA, Washington D.C.
2013: NEUDC, Boston (poster presentation); Advanced Graduate Workshop, Bangalore, India
2012: ICAE Conference, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil; Chinese Economist Society (CES) Annual Conference, Kaifeng, China; Guanghua-BREAD Summer School, Beijing, China; Pacific Development Conference, UC Davis
2011: AAEA Meeting, Pittsburgh; Brownbag Seminar, Dyson School of Applied Economics, Cornell University, Ithaca
2010: Western Social Science Association, Reno; Eastern Economic Association, Philadelphia.