High-Speed Rail, Roads, and other Transportation Infrastructure:
1. No County Left Behind?" The Distributional Impact of High-speed Rail Upgrade in China, Journal of Economic Geography, 2017 Vol 17(3): pp489-520.
2. The Road to Specialization in Agricultural Production: Evidence from Rural China World Development, 2016 Vol 77: pp1-16. (with Xiaobo Zhang, lead article)
3. China's Transport Infrastructure Investment: Past, Present and Future. Asian Economic Policy Review, 2016 Vol 11(2).
1. "Facilitating Investment Flows: Evidence from China’s High Speed Passenger Rail Network" (with Yatang Lin, Johan Sulaeman, Jubo Yan, Jialiang Zhang)
1. "Run Away? Air Pollution and Emigration Interests in China" forthcoming, Journal of Population Economics. (with Hongjia Zhu)
2. "Negotiating Housing Deal on a Polluted Day: Consequences and Possible Explanations" Journal of Environmental Economics and Management 2019 Vol 94: pp161-187. (with Jing Wu and Jubo Yan)
1. "Disguised Pollution: Industrial Activities in the Dark" March 2019 (with Sumit Agarwal and Hongjia Zhu)
Housing and Land Market:
1. "Changes in the Distribution of Land Prices in Urban China during 2007-2012" Regional Science and Urban Economics, 2016 Vol 57: pp77-90. (with Hongjia Zhu and Rong Zhu)
2. Negative Externality of Rail Noise and Housing Values: Evidence from the Cessation of Railway Operations in Singapore Real Estate Economics, forthcoming. (with Tien Foo Sing and Mi Diao)
1. "Tax Evasion, Capital Gains Taxes, and the Housing Market" (with Sumit Agarwal, Keyang Li, Jing Wu and Jubo Yan, Under Review)
2. "Housing Affordability in Urban China: A Comprehensive Overview" (with Keyang Li and Jing Wu, R&R at China Economic Review)
3. "Golfing for Information: Informal Interactions and Economic Consequences" (with Sumit Agarwal, Tien Foo Sing and Xiaoyu Zhang, submitted)
4. "Can Price Regulation Improve Land Use Efficiency? Evidence from Industrial Land Market in China" (with Yatang Lin, Zoe Yang and Hongjia Zhu, R&R at Regional Science and Urban Economics)
5. "Job Rotation and Intra-Organizational Coordination" (with Nancy Chau and Weiwen Zhang, Under Revision)
Other topics about Chinese Economy:
1. "Too Early or Too Late? What have we Learned from the 30-Year Two-child Policy Experiment" forthcoming, Demographic Research (with Fei Wang)
2. Do Public Work Schemes Deter or Encourage Outmigration? Empirical Evidence from China. IZA Journal of Labor&Development, 2014 3:4 (with Nancy Chau and Ravi Kanbur)
1. "Genetic Distance and Intra-National Variation in Preferences and Behaviour" (with Jianqing Ruan, Ling Wang, and Jubo Yan, submitted).
2. “Technology Transfer and Domestic Innovation: Evidence from the High-Speed Rail Sector in China” April 2018 (with Yatang Lin and Zhuan Xie, R&R at Research Policy)