High-Speed Rail, Roads, and other Transportation Infrastructure:
1. No County Left Behind?" The Distributional Impact of High-speed Rail Upgrade in China, Journal of Economic Geography, 2017 Vol 17(3): pp489-520.
2. The Road to Specialization in Agricultural Production: Evidence from Rural China World Development, 2016 Vol 77: pp1-16. (with Xiaobo Zhang, lead article)
3. China's Transport Infrastructure Investment: Past, Present and Future. Asian Economic Policy Review, 2016 Vol 11(2).
1. "Facilitating Investment Flows: Evidence from China’s High Speed Passenger Rail Network" (with Yatang Lin, Johan Sulaeman, Jubo Yan, Jialiang Zhang)
Housing and Land Market:
1. "Changes in the Distribution of Land Prices in Urban China during 2007-2012" Regional Science and Urban Economics, 2016 Vol 57: pp77-90. (with Hongjia Zhu and Rong Zhu)
2. Negative Externality of Rail Noise and Housing Values: Evidence from the Cessation of Railway Operations in Singapore Real Estate Economics, forthcoming. (with Tien Foo Sing and Mi Diao)
1. "Tax Evasion, Capital Gains Taxes, and the Housing Market" (with Sumit Agarwal, Keyang Li, Jing Wu and Jubo Yan, Under Review)
2. "Housing Affordability in Urban China: A Comprehensive Overview" (with Keyang Li and Jing Wu, Under Review)
3. "Informal Interactions among Top Managers on the Golf Courses and the market Information Efficiency" (with Sumit Agarwal, Tien Foo Sing and Xiaoyu Zhang, Under Review)
4. "Can Price Regulation Improve Land Use Efficiency? Evidence from Industrial Land Market in China" (with Yatang Lin, Zoe Yang and Hongjia Zhu, R&R at Regional Science and Urban Economics)
5. "Job Rotation and Intra-Organizational Coordination" (with Nancy Chau and Weiwen Zhang, Under Revision)
1. "Run Away? Air Pollution and Emigration Interests in China" forthcoming, Journal of Population Economics. (with Hongjia Zhu)
2. "Negotiating Housing Deal on a Polluted Day: Consequences and Possible Explanations" March 2018 (with Jing Wu and Jubo Yan, accepted at Journal of Environmental Economics and Management)
Other topics about Chinese Economy:
1. "Too Early or Too Late? What have we Learned from the 30-Year Two-child Policy Experiment" forthcoming, Demographic Research (with Fei Wang)
2. Do Public Work Schemes Deter or Encourage Outmigration? Empirical Evidence from China. IZA Journal of Labor&Development, 2014 3:4 (with Nancy Chau and Ravi Kanbur)
1. "Gene, Economic Preference and Behaviors" (with Jianqing Ruan, Ling Wang, and Jubo Yan, draft coming soon).
2. “Technology Transfer and Domestic Innovation: Evidence from the High-Speed Rail Sector in China” April 2018 (with Yatang Lin and Zhuan Xie, Under Review)
Conference and Seminar Presentations
(*: presented by coauthor)
2018: ABFER, Singapore (discussant); AREUEA, Guangzhou*; GCREC, Tsingdao*; CCER Summer Institute, Yantai*; AsRES Conference, Incheon*; Jinan University; CUHK; SMU Urban Economics Conference; SFS Calvacade Asia Pacific Conference.
2017: NUS Department of Real Estate; Jinan University, Guangzhou; 3rd Biennial Conference for China Development Studies, Shanghai*; Conference on Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Development, Peking University; SWUFE, Chengdu; CCER Summer Institute, Yantai; Tsinghua University; CUBE, Beijing, Peking University CCER, NUS Mini-workshop on Air Pollution*, SMU Urban Economics Conference (scheduled)*
2016: PAA, DC*; LKYSPP DeEP conference*; CESA, Australia; China Economic Summer Institute, Hong Kong; NUS Department of Real Estate; NUS EAI; Tsinghua University; Peking University*; Xiamen University*; Beijing Normal University*.
2015: Royal Economic Society Conference, Manchester; Shanghai University of Finance and Economics; Renmin University; LAGV, Aix-en-Provence; EAERE, Helsinki; Peking University; AEPR conference, Tokyo; 7th IZA/CIER Annual Workshop on Research in Labor Economics, Beijing*; UEA, Portland; NEUDC, Brown University.
2014: Chinese University of Hong Kong; The University of Hong Kong; National University of Singapore; NBER China Meeting, Boston; NEUDC, Boston; UEA, Washington D.C.
2013: NEUDC, Boston (poster presentation); Advanced Graduate Workshop, Bangalore, India
2012: ICAE Conference, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil; Chinese Economist Society (CES) Annual Conference, Kaifeng, China; Guanghua-BREAD Summer School, Beijing, China; Pacific Development Conference, UC Davis
2011: AAEA Meeting, Pittsburgh; Brownbag Seminar, Dyson School of Applied Economics, Cornell University, Ithaca
2010: Western Social Science Association, Reno; Eastern Economic Association, Philadelphia.